Part 1 architectural assistants required
Come and gain some work experience in an exciting and dynamic architects practice
Tait Architects are looking for ambitious, talented RIBA Part 1 qualified Architectural Student to join our growing team of Architects, Architectural Assistants and Interior Designers at our office in Woodley on the edge of Reading.
The role will involve to assisting our Project Architects across a range of high end residential projects, including production of planning drawings, building regulations submissions and construction information. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic Architectural degree course graduate with a good eye for detail. You should have an interest in planning, building design and construction as well as excellent drawing skills.
We use Vectorworks, but are happy to consider applicants with experience of any CAD software.
Photoshop, Indesign and Microsoft Office skills will also be beneficial.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Project Architect I a range of different projects.
- Create planning drawings, submitting and managing planning applications.
- Producing and submitting Building Regulations applications.
- Producing working drawings suitable for construction.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team.
- Communicating with clients about the project.
- Following office procedures relating to the project execution process.
Our current workload mainly involves contemporary minimal styled high end residential projects in the Berkshire area around Henley, Marlow, Reading, Maidenhead, Bracknell and Wokingham.
If you are interested, please get in touch to send us your CV, portfolio and covering letter, using the details on our contact page.